Saturday, November 13, 2010

Toothless


With Jay away right now I am constantly looking for ways to entertain Alex. While shopping at Walmart yesterday I came across a Toothless (from How to Train a Dragon) costume on major sale -$2.99 - unfortunately they only had a 8-10 Robust (that is really what the package said) so I figured it would definitely not fit Alex but it would probably fit me-why not eh? I think I might be comparable to a robust eight year old??? Right???

Literally the first words out of Alex's mouth every morning are either "Can we play lost kitty?" or "Can we play Toothless and Hiccup and you be Toothless". There is no easing out of a deep sleep gently in this house, it is straight to the role playing games. So this morning it was the latter of the two morning questions and my costume idea gets to put into play. I sneak into the bathroom to change into my costume and as he is slaying dragons in the living room out comes Toothless aka Mama. I wish I had a camera to catch is expression-PRICELESS. He was completely floored that Toothless was standing in his living room. We had a ball playing this morning, just wish Daddy was here to play the part of the zippleback dragon.

Toothless is his absolutely favourite character right now and right before him there he was!! Bonus points for mum today. The costume was a little tight therefore no full body picture, that and my camera screen is broken so it is always a bit of a guesstimate when taking pictures.

No comments: